GROOMING SALON TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our priority is to make every dog who visits our salon to look good and feel good. We also want all our dogs to have an enjoyable experience.
To ensure that we able to achieve this, we ask that all of our customers read and accept the following terms and conditions.
All bookings require a £15 deposit before they can be confirmed.
Registration Form Agreement
By completing our registration form before we carry out a groom on your dog, you are confirming that you will abide by our Terms & Conditions and that you have provided us with all of the relevant information that we need relating to your dogs’ health and behaviour. Please ensure that you keep this information up to date each time you visit Doggie & Gabana.
All of the information that you provide will be subject to the Data Protection Law and will not be shared with any third party. We will however contact you by phone, email or text from time to time to keep you up to date with any changes to our services. The information that you provide us for our client records will be kept for 7 years and then destroyed. If you would like to access this information, you can do so at any stage and we will forward this within 30 days of request.
If you do not wish your dog to be photographed or filmed for use on our website/social media/advertising purposes, please let us know.
We require all dogs to be de-flead, have up to date vaccinations and be wormed before having a groom at Doggie and Gabana. Please ensure that your dog is also microchipped. Grooming of sick or elderly pets is entirely at the owners’ risk.
We huge empathy for dogs with medical conditions such as hip dysplasia and epilepsy, and for older dogs and will allow as much time as they need to be comfortable throughout the duration of their groom. This will however, be reflected in the cost of your groom.
Charges for no show/cancellation of appointment/late pick up
- For your first appointment at Doggie & Gabana, please arrive 10 minutes early in order to complete our client registration form.
For appointments thereafter, please ensure that you arrive on time as late arrivals (more than 10 minutes) may result in your appointment being cancelled and charged in full
- We require 48 hours-notice if you are not able to keep your appointment – if this is not possible, and we are not able to fill your appointment, you will be required to pay for the appointment in full
- If you do not show up for your appointment without letting us know in advance you will be required to pay in full and if you want to re-book, we will ask you to pay for this next appointment in full and up front
- Late pick up – our policy is for all pets to be collected within 30 minutes of completion of their groom as we have a limited amount of space and this is in the best interests of the comfort your dog. If you can’t abide by this timeframe, we reserve the right to charge a late pick-up fee of £10 per hour.
Pre-grooming Information Required (temperament of your dog): –
- Aggressive Behaviour – we reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog that we witness/or are made aware of displaying aggressive behaviour. In exceptional circumstances, on assessment, we may agree to groom your dog under the condition that they wear a muzzle on arrival and for the duration of their stay at Doggie & Gabana
- Pre-requisite requirements before groom – please ensure that you have taken your dog for some exercise and to go to the toilet
- Coat Condition – Matting/Ticks/Fleas/Allergies/Skin Condition…
(We can only attempt to de-matt a dog’s coat for a maximum of 20 minutes as in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 2006. If the matting is severe enough to cause the dog discomfort and/or exceeds the 20-minute de-matting allowance, we reserve the right to perform a complete clip off of the dog’s coat)
Fleas & Ticks – any dog found to have a flea or tick infestation will be given suitable treatments to kill the parasites. A flea bath is charged at an extra £5 and tick removal at the time it takes. When you collect your do, we will advise you on parasite prevention and suggest some treatments.
Allergies & Skin Conditions – if you fail to disclose information about any allergies and/or skin conditions we will not be held responsible for skin irritations, patchiness, abrasions, haematoma or hair loss that may arise due to the grooming process.
Having completed the Client Registration Form, you have confirmed that your dog is in good health. If, however, we discover any of the above, that we have not been made aware of, there will be additional charges for the time taken by our staff to rectify the condition/s.
Neglected Coat – we will always inform you in advance if we feel it necessary to complete a clip off. However, if we cannot contact you and we believe the clip off is necessary on welfare grounds we will still undertake to clip off the coat.
Severely Matted Dogs – will incur additional charges for de-matting and/or clipping off the coat. These charges will vary depending on the time taken for the procedure and are likely to be in range of £5 to £15. We reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog that we deem too severely matted to safely carry out a clip off of the coat and you will be charged in full for the appointment allocated to you. A matted coat in some cases, can cause haematoma – blood flow rushing to the service of skin once matts are relieved. We will not be held responsible if this happens.
No Fault Urgent Medical Attention – if your dog requires urgent medical attention while in our care Doggie & Gabana reserves the right to seek veterinary attention at either Medivet or Twickenham Veterinary Surgery. We will inform you as soon as possible. Any fees that may be incurred will be forwarded onto the dog owner.
Accidental/Immediate Medical Attention (e.g., small cut) – if your dog requires immediate medical attention while in our care Doggie & Gabana reserves the right to seek veterinary attention at either Medivet or Twickenham Veterinary Surgery. We will inform you as soon as possible. Any fees that may be incurred will be covered by Doggie & Gabana.
Health Concerns Post Groom
If you are concerned that your dog has been injured whilst being groomed at Doggie & Gabana process you must seek veterinary advice within 24 hours of the appointment. We will require a full written veterinary report stating the cause of injury with specific evidence that this was caused during the grooming process for us to accept any liability or negligence. Doggie & Gabana carries full public liability insurance.